Estadísticas y récords
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
Efectividad de golpeo
- Golpes Significativos Conectados
- Golpes Significativos Intentados
Efectividad De Derribo
- Derribos conseguidos
- Derribos intentados
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Golpes Sig. por Posición
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Récord del Atleta
- Pro since 2013
- Three wins by KO, three by submission (2 guillotine, RNC)
- Six first-round finishes
- Took break from MMA from 2014 to 2018. 10-0 since 2018 return
- Won Olympic Silver medal in 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro
- Competed in 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympics
- Origin of nickname: “Three-time Greco-Roman Olympic wrestler and Olympic medalist.”
UFC Fight Night (11/5/22) Madsen was submitted by Grant Dawson via rear-naked choke at 2:05 of the third round
UFC 273 (4/9/22) Madsen won a three round unanimous decision over Vinc Pichel
UFC on ESPN (8/21/21) Madsen won a three round split decision over Clay Guida
UFC 248 (3/7/20) Madsen won a three round unanimous decision over Austin Hubbard
UFC Fight Night (9/28/19) Madsen stopped Danilo Belluardo via strikes at 1:12 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I have been wrestling my entire life and MMA was an interesting challenge. I have won medals on all level of wrestling - National, Scandinavian, European, Worlds and Olympics. I have always been a great fan of MMA and 18 months ago I retired from wrestling and now it is time to pursue my dreams in MMA.
What ranks and titles have you held? Three-time Olympian in Greco-Roman wrestling, Olympic Silver medalist, Five-time world medalist, European champ and medalist, multi-time Scandinavian national wrestling champ.
Do you have any heroes? Randy Couture, Dan Henderson and Matt Lindland - All American legends in the sport of MMA
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Fighting in the UFC has been my clear goal since I retired from wrestling 18 months ago. I have been
getting up every single day with that goal in my head and I have been working my ass off to get that signed UFC contract. Signing with the UFC was such a gratifying moment and I am proud and thankful for this opportunity.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? BA in Sports Economics and Leisure Management
What was your job before you started fighting? I have been wrestling my entire life. I was backed by the Danish Wrestling Federation, Team Denmark (Olympic Team) and Denmark Sports Federation. I have been involved in sports all my life and I am also President of The Danish Athletes Association.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: I have been ranked the number one wrestler in the world several times and I hold the rank of six among 55 active Nordic Pro Lightweights on Tapology.
Favorite grappling technique: G&P
Favorite Striking technique: Heavy hands