Estadísticas y récords
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
Efectividad de golpeo
- Golpes Significativos Conectados
- Golpes Significativos Intentados
Efectividad De Derribo
- Derribos conseguidos
- Derribos intentados
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Golpes Sig. por Posición
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Récord del Atleta
- Pro since 2012
- Brother of UFC veteran Gilbert Burns
- Eight wins by submission (3 Triangle armbar, 5 RNC), one by KO
- Eight first round finishes
- Has won five of his last seven
- Has wins in 80, 44 and 25 seconds
- Origin of nickname: “It was given to me by the media in Asia because I finished my opponents fast.”
UFC on ABC (7/16/22) Burns was defeated Bill Algeo via TKO (retirement) at 1:50 of the second round
UFC 252 (8/15/20) Burns was stopped by Daniel Pineda via strikes at 4:37 of the second round
UFC 250 (6/6/20) Burns submitted Evan Durham via rear naked choke at 1:20 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (1/25/20) Burns knocked out Nate Landwehr at 2:43 of the first round
Episode 7 (8/6/19) Burns submitted Darrick Minner via triangle armbar at 2:29 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started Jiu-Jitsu at 10 years old. My dad exchanged the payment for a job to put my brothers and I to train BJJ for a month, but the professor was impressed by how good we did and we did not stop training since that date.
What ranks and titles have you held? I'm a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and in Luta Livre and I do have a lot of BJJ titles such as American National NoGi Champion, 4x Brazilian National NoGi Champion, Pan Asian Gi and NoGi Champion Absolute, 3x South American Champion.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Only FC featherweight champion. I had some big wins at ONE Championship beating Timofey Nastyukhin, Harris Sarmiento, Honorio Banario and others.
Favorite grappling technique: Choke
Favorite striking technique: Right cross