Estadísticas y récords
Fight Win Streak
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Efectividad de golpeo
- Golpes Significativos Conectados
- Golpes Significativos Intentados
Efectividad De Derribo
- Derribos conseguidos
- Derribos intentados
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Golpes Sig. por Posición
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Récord del Atleta
Till vs Du PlessisRedondear3Hora2:43MétodoEnvío
Tavares vs Du PlessisRedondear3Hora5:00MétodoDecision - Unanimous
- Pro since 2013
- Has won 15 of his last 16 and seven in a row
- Eight wins by KO, 10 by submission (4 guillotine, 5 RNC, face crank)
- Eight first-round finishes
- Lost 2014 bout to UFC vet Garreth McLellan
- Origin of nickname: “Given by my brother after my amateur K-1 career, where my record was 33-0 with 30 KOs.”
UFC 285 (3/4/23) Du Plessis defeated Derek Brunson via TKO (corner stoppage) at 4:59 of the second round
UFC 282 (12/10/22) Du Plessis submitted Darren Till via face crank at 2:43 of the third round
UFC 276 (7/2/22) Du Plessis won a three-round unanimous decision over Brad Tavares
UFC 264 (7/10/21) Du Plessis knocked out Trevin Giles at 1:41 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (10/11/20) Du Plessis knocked out Markus Perez at 3:22 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? Started Judo at the age of 5 to10, then wrestling at 12-14 years old. I always had a love for martial arts and started K-1 when I was 15. At age 18, I became the first ever South African WAKO K-1 world champion and then MMA was the next step. I started fighting because I loved it from the first day I stepped in a gym.
What ranks and titles have you held? Amateur K-1 SA champion, WAKO junior K-1 world champion, EFC Welterweight Champion, EFC Middleweight champion, KSW Welterweight champion
Do you have any heroes? Dad, my two older brothers, Mike Tyson, Ragnar Lothbrok, Achilles
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Absolutely everything I’ve worked for since I was 16 years old has come down to this moment. I’ve been visualizing this moment for over 10 years and it’s finally here. The next stop will be a UFC championship. Finally being in the UFC makes all the sacrifices, dedication and hardships of the past decade 110% worth it.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I studied Agricultural Economics at the University of Pretoria but dropped out in my final year when I got my shot at my
EFC title to give fighting my everything and be fully committed to become the greatest fighter the world has ever seen.
What was your job before you started fighting? Never had another job. After school, being a professional fighter has been my only job.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Kickboxing 2nd degree black belt
Favorite grappling technique: Ground & Pound
Favorite Striking technique: Elbow to the face