Estadísticas y récords
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
Efectividad de golpeo
- Golpes Significativos Conectados
- Golpes Significativos Intentados
Efectividad De Derribo
- Derribos conseguidos
- Derribos intentados
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Golpes Sig. por Posición
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Récord del Atleta
- Pro since 2009
- Five wins by KO, nine by submission (3 kimura, 5 RNC, triangle)
- Nine first round finishes
- On five-fight winning streak
- Lone loss via decision in April 2019 to UFC vet Jose Torres
- Origin of nickname: “Amir means Prince in Arabic.”
UFC Fight Night (12/17/22) Albazi knocked out Alessandro Costa at 2:13 of the third round
UFC 278 (8/20/22) Albazi submitted Francisco Figueiredo via rear naked choke at 4:34 of the first round
UFC 257 (1/23/21) Albazi won a three round unanimous decision over Zhalgas Zhumagulov
UFC Fight Night (7/18/20) Albazi submitted Malcolm Gordon via triangle choke at 4:42 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I moved to Sweden, as an immigrant I got in a lot of fights because I didn’t understand the language and was bullied for being foreign. I saw UFC on TV one night and I was hooked. I decided to start fighting because I loved the competitiveness.
What ranks and titles have you held? Purple belt in jiu-jitsu. I have many titles in jiu-jitsu such as:
6x Swedish champion (gi and nogi)
2x Scandinavian champion
3x European champion
2x Asian champion (first ever gold for Iraq in jiu-jitsu)
1x World champion
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? I started training martial arts with the goal of being in the UFC since day one. So to finally be here means a lot to me. I am proud to represent my country in the UFC.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Yes, I did. I graduated in Sport and Exercise Science from Roehampton University in London.
What was your job before you started fighting? I never had a job besides fighting. I have put all my energy on training since the age of 14.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? First ever pro fight at 16 years of age. I did two fights in the same night.
Favorite grappling technique: Putting people to sleep
Favorite Striking technique: Uppercut